Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birthday in May?

So as most of you close to me know that back on March 16th, my birthday, I didn't exactly have the best day.  After missing the early bus to Madrid and catching another bus and riding in it for 8 hours to catch up with the group consuming my entire day, I was pretty tired finally getting to our hotel. My only desire was to play the games Spoons and there was no one willing to play. After that recap, you can conclude that my day was the average drag.

Yesterday, I was lied to, manipulated, and left hanging for hours as I waited for Diana and Amy several different times throughout the day. All this to say, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER!!!!!

I walked into Zack Esgar's house to get a game board so that Kyle, Diana, Amy, and I could play the game  Aggravation.  I hugged Zack's neck and he said the board was in the back. I walked around the corner to nearly pee my pants I was so scared when around 30 people all screamed surprise. I didn't even have words because I was confused about what was going on, why they were in unison screaming at me, and why there would be a surprise party for me.  

Diana and Amy planned out the entire party a couple of weeks ago. They called all tech junkies that like Lubbock too much to leave to join in on the fun.  I got to see several people that I haven't seen in over 5 months.  I felt completely loved and welcomed back from Spain. Sometimes I did wonder if my absence made a difference, but last night gave me a sense being wanted and it was a great feeling. 

We danced, ate, slack lined, laughed, then around 11 a big group of us went out and played sand volleyball until 1 in the morning. This day was exactly how I had imagined being welcomed back and I couldn't be more thankful  to God to have the friends He has blessed me with.

Thanks again Di Di and Amo for the surprise!!!! 

3 comments:

Mom said...

Awwwwww!! How wonderful! Happy Birthday!! The question unanswered... did you play spoons??

brandon said...

slack lined, niiiiiiiiice!

Deidra said...

That is so fabulous. So glad you are home with your people sweet girl.