Saturday, December 15, 2012

Kentucky to Philippines

I've made it from Lexington, KY to Chicago, IL to Hong Kong, China, and now to Manila, Philippines. I just have to wait for my flight at 6am to make it to Davao, Philippines. So far I loved the people on the Hong Kong flight. I got really sick at one point and I think that 4 different flight attendants checked on me multiple times to see if I was okay. So sweet! Then I met several nice people from the Philippines. Salem was right, all of the Philippino people are so nice! Of the 3 that I've talked with, all were genuinely caring and nice.
On another note, I CANNOT wait for some coffee. I have an aeropress (it's a coffee maker for those who don't know coffee lingo) and some freshly ground coffee in my bag, but I can't use it because I don't have a way to heat up some water! Unfortunately at 1am, there are no coffee shops open right now or I'd grab a cup. I thought I'd write a small blurb to keep everyone up to date.
As for the shooting in Connecticut, I have just been praying like crazy. I cannot even fathom the disparity that these families and friends are experiencing. I really don't believe that it was God's will for this to happen, but I DO believe that He is here with those directly affected and for the distant onlookers like you and me. He is with us to endure times such as this.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

2 comments:

Chelsea S said...

What are you going to the Philippines for? I'm so curious and jealous!! Haha. Enjoy. Ps what airline did you take to Hong Kong? I flew Asiana to Incheon they were very good!

Elise Hurst said...

Chels! I flew in with Cathay Pacific Airlines. I'm here to visit Nolan, Salem and their family, but I've been able to shadow at the midwifery clinic and hopefully I'll get to help out with some relief work from the Typhoon.