Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 11: Pregnancy

Well, as many, if not most, of you know, Josh and I are expecting. We released the picture almost 3 weeks ago when I was 8 weeks pregnant.


**Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography

Now on March 20th, I am 11 weeks pregnant!


**Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography


According to my list that I compiled from various sources, this week sweet baby Hurst is the size of a small lime. Now I think my lime was slightly bigger than the actual size of the baby. According to my pregnancy app, the baby is an inch and a half long!!! The baby's limbs are fully formed and will soon open and close into fists. Also, his or her tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums. That is cute for me to think about :D

Here is a little survey that I snatched from Pinterest that I'll fill out every week to see the progression of cravings and other pregnancy related changes throughout my pregnancy.

How far along? 11 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Lime
Total weight gain: 8 pounds(embarrassing I know)
Maternity clothes? I just got maternity pants this past week. I can still fit into my other pants, but they are uncomfortable. I can fit into my "fat" pants that I wore for half a year when I got back from Spain. So I'll alternate between those and the maternity ones I got in Cincinnati. I have some maternity shirts, but I haven't worn them yet. I just enjoy the looser shirts anyway.
Stretch marks? Not yet, but I am using Genes vitamin E creme every day!
Sleep: I get up on average 3 to 4 times a night to use the bathroom, but when I'm asleep I AM OUT!
Best moment this week: Having my mom here was INCREDIBLE. Not only did she celebrate my birthday with me, but when she left she surprised me by doing all of my laundry and dishes while I was at school. I feel so pampered.
Movement: The baby is moving according to my sources, but I can't feel anything
Food cravings: Chipotle and olives
Gender: We aren't going to find out, but I have an inkling it's a boy. I mean... look at the Hurst family's genetics - ALL BOYS!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I've been sick the past 3 weeks with nausea and morning sickness, but thank God I haven't been sick these past two days.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Happy, but I occasionally get down about gaining weight even though I know its healthy!
Looking forward to: All of my paper work going through so that we can get an ultrasound. I'm also looking forward to the 2nd trimester so maybe this sickness will disappear!

6 comments:

Salem said...

Love reading this! Hate not being there to see your bump in person!

Meredith Moorman said...

SO GLAD YOU'RE DOING THIS! Obviously I love blogs and I can't even express how much I love when people blog about their pregnancy! Love you so much, and excited to get to see you go through the whole process! Muah.

Unknown said...

Weeeeeeeee!!! You're not going to find out! That's so fun!!

Rica said...

That was me, rica. I dont know why im "unknown" booooo hahah

Elise Hurst said...

Haha Rica, most people want me to find out the gender!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! SO glad you are back to blogging! I am in love with sweet baby Hurst and have been since YOU were born. Cannot express my feelings on being a Grandma - beyond elation. Can't even imagine my heart when I hold this precious gift from God. I love you!

- Mom