Thursday, March 28, 2013

Week 12: Pregnancy


On March 27th, it was 12 weeks! I feel like it is going by so quickly. I've already started to feel better as far as daily sickness, and I have started searching for baby things. It is a little tricky picking stuff out that is gender neutral, but I am so excited about the few items that we've found. We actually want to register when we are in the stores, so a lot of our searching has just been looking.  I am excited to say that the first store we are registering at is Etsy. They still don't have a baby registry, so we bent the rules a little and registered under "wedding." The registry barely labels it as a wedding registry, so if you see that in a month when we put out our registry, don't be confused!

Week 12 is all about reflexes for our little peanut. He or she is developing swallow movements, which is so interesting and completely relevant to my pediatric feeding course that I am taking. The baby's intestines are getting bigger by the second and are starting to move into the abdomen. That being said, our little nugget has grown to 2 and a half inches and weighs half an ounce. I actually measured and weighed the plum this time!






**Photo credit: Kat Marcum Photography


How far along? 12 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Plum (I actually measured and weighed the little plum to match the exact weight and height of my little peanut this time. The lime was a little big last week.)
Total weight gain: 10 pounds
Maternity clothes? Just maternity pants and my larger jeans. I'm still wearing the regular shirts.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Sleep has been great!
Best moment this week: This week was a little rough with 2 tests and the stomach bug, but the best moment was just finishing up that 2nd test before Easter weekend.
Movement: No, but I thought it did!
Food cravings: Chuy's jalepeƱo ranch, Thai food, and a McDonald's cheese burger (gross!). All of these have just been a one time thing. As soon as I satisfy the craving, its over.
Miss Anything? I decided to add this, because I miss ALOT of things! I have really missed sushi. I didn't realize how much I ate it, but I would have it about once a week. So this week I decided to have vegetable sushi. It is literally the exact same sushi, but with bits of vegetables and no fish. With wasabi and soy sauce, it tasted very similar! That made me so happy. The other thing I have missed is coffee. There is no decent whole bean decaf coffee to buy in Lexington (that I know of), so I have really missed my little baristaship of brewing coffee in different ways at my house.
Gender: Still a surprise (:
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I am able to only use the restroom once in the middle of the night instead of 3 times, which is a huge improvement. And actually very little morning sickness. I've just had nausea one time, and ,other than my stomach bug last saturday, I've been able to keep my food in.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: I've been cranky, but thats due to my 2 tests not pregnancy!
Looking forward to: Easter Sunday!!! We get to celebrate this Easter with the men and their spouses in Josh's men's group, who are some dear friends of ours. Easter is such a time of remembrance, but also a time of celebration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the morning sickness is subsiding! The pictures are gorgeous (good job, Kat!). Love the one of you eating the plum* and I love you*

-Mom