Saturday, April 6, 2013

First Ultra Sound with Baby Hurst

Friday was such a rush! Josh was so excited when the ultra sound tech was getting ready, he didn't know whether to stand or sit. He was just as giddy as I was, so he moved his chair about 5 feet closer to me and to the monitor. She squirted the gel on my belly, and it was surprisingly heated and very soothing. I was expecting it to be slimy and shockingly cold! It didn't take long for us to see a perfect outline of OUR baby!

I must say that I've heard people talk about the overwhelming joy and love that you have for your child, but, in my case, there is no way to actually understand that until you experience it yourself.

I'm just going to refer to the baby as 'he' and 'him' for now, because I still think that its a boy and its easier to write with pronouns! He was waving both of his arms and clenched fists all around. His legs were straight up, but they were moving as if he were swimming. I could not believe that much movement was happening in my body and I couldn't even feel it!

There were times that the ultrasound tech got a really good picture, and I became overcome with laughter. She would have to probe again to find the same outline. I was so proud of his big football-helmet-like head and his perfect toes. We could actually see his little toes wiggling at one point.





*** Photos courtesy of Saint Joseph East Imaging Center

Josh and I could not stop smiling as we practically skipped out of St. Joseph East's Imaging Center. The staff was excellent, and we had the best experience in all of about 20 minutes of being inside the building. God is so good, and I'm even more astonished at how detailed of an artist He is to make my baby (and all others) so intricately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little bebe sucking his thumb! I have made that my screensaver on my phone and see it so many times a day. Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes but it always makes me smile :-)

I can just see Josh bouncing around the room and his twinkly blue eyes shining while he watched this amazing process. I love you!

-Mom