Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pregnancy: 14 Weeks



I am 14 weeks! If you haven't noticed, I waited 5 days longer than my normal day to post a blog and pictures about the 14th week in this journey. When I got my first sonogram, the tech informed me that my due date is a few days later than I thought. It is actually October 16th! In order to stay on track I decided to just take pictures a few days later. In celebration of Spring, we decided to take several pictures by trees that were in full bloom of pink flowers.

This week, our baby is the size of a large lemon weighing in at 1 1/2 ounces and stretching out from toes to crown at 3 1/2 inches. He can now squint, frown, grimace, and even do the inevitable - pee. Our nugget can grasp and even suck his thumb. Notice that I keep mentioning "he" or "his?" I still think that its going to be a boy, but I promise I won't be disappointed AT ALL if the baby is a sweet little girl. (:
14 weeks






***Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography

How far along? 14 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Large lemon!
Total weight gain: Back down to only 9 pounds gained.
Maternity clothes? Just some really awesome maternity pants from the Gap and Old Navy
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Normal
Best moment this week: Going to the Red River Gorge. I didn't rock climb just to be cautious, but hiking and hammocking in such a serene setting really blessed my week.
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Juicy cheeseburgers
Miss Anything? This week I missed rock climbing. I did some research and I could have probably climbed with caution, but I didn't want to chance the pressure around my waist with the harness.
Gender: Still a surprise (:
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Acne
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Happy and more energetic than the past several weeks!
Looking forward to: This weekend! Hopefully I will just be relaxing with my husband, and maybe we will go to the Lexington Farmer's Market. Its basically a party with great food, live music, and of course fresh fruits and veggies.

3 comments:

Meredith Moorman said...

Love this! Your bump is actually starting to look like a bump! Love you, glad to hear you're feeling well!! xoxo

Elise Hurst said...

Love you too Meredith!!!

Anonymous said...

OK, that tree is ridiculously gorgeous! As are you in these pictures!! You definitely have that pregnancy glow and LOVE the dress ;-) You are already such a mommy protecting that little bebe. Love your blog and love you!!

-Mom