Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pregnancy: 15 Weeks


This week I am 15 weeks! Every week that I post I get excited for 2 reasons: I am one week closer to meeting my sweet daughter or son AND I love sharing this journey with my friends and family. With all of family being either in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, or Missouri, this is a way for them to check up on me and stay in the loop with the development of our baby.

This week, baby Hurst is the size of a regular apple weighing 2 and 1/2 ounces. I can't believe she gained a whole ounce in one week! She measures 4 inches from head to toe. She can move and stretch out all of her limbs, and her legs are now growing to be longer than her arms. Her eye lids are still fused shut, but apparently she is sensitive to light. If I were to shine a light up to my belly, then the baby would move away from the light. Now I realize that I switched my gender pronouns, but I can't help but be excited about the baby being a girl even though I have such a strong feeling of the baby being a boy.







Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography

How far along? 15 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Red apple
Total weight gain: I lost another pound. I've been averaging 8 lbs over what I originally weighed beforehand baby hurst.
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants and tights. I'm busting out of my tighter shirts, but I can still wear the non-fitted ones.
Stretch marks? Nope - and I dread the day I say 'yes'
Sleep: Good
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby flutter was amazing, but my favorite moment this week was during worship with Josh's men's small group and their wives/girlfriends. It was an overwhelming feeling of love for my Savior and desire to be closer to Him.
Movement: YES!!!! I felt the baby move on the 20th! I laid there for about 20 minutes making sure that it was the baby that I was feeling, not something else. Josh can't feel it yet though. I can't wait until the movements are more apparent.
Food cravings: Tomatoes... in EVERY form. I've had whole tomatoes, V8, tomato soup, or salsa basically every day in abundance.
Miss Anything? I miss being able to dive for volleyballs during my games. I am so careful now, but I miss getting the clutch tips like I used to.
Gender: It's still a surprise, but I did wonder whether the baby was a girl or boy for about an hour this week.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I've had morning sickness several times this week actually. I haven't had it in a couples of weeks, but I've learned to eat protein in the morning instead of just fruit. Its too light of a meal, and I get sick otherwise.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: HAPPY! But I think that it is mostly the good weather keeping my spirits so high. The gardening has been good for my soul too.
Looking forward to: Being finished with class! This is my last week of classes before finals!


I have a funny story to share as an additional sidenote of the Symptoms question. This morning I made myself the best breakfast burrito, and I decided to eat it on the run as I was heading to school. I immediately figured out that it was a bad idea to eat it on the go. I wasn't even 2 miles out of Wilmore when I got sick. To say (the very) least, I got some on my passenger seat. At that point, I didn't have time to deal with it in order to get to class on time. I put newspapers over it to cover it up.

Then after school I went down to Mr. Sparkle in hopes that they had a self-vacuum and self-shampoo machine that I could use to clean the mess up. I explained to them that I only had a small-ish area on my passenger seat that I need to clean, and that it was because I was pregnant. The problem was I didn't have my debit card and I only had a limited amount of cash. The 3 guys went and got the guy above them to see what they could do. The "boss" said that he would do it for free! They cleaned the entire exterior of the car and vacuumed and shampooed the seat where the spot was. I gave him the $4 I had in cash and a PF Changs coupon for a free appetizer. It was a crazy day to say the least. Nice people really made my day today, and next time I go back I will pay it forward and tip big!

4 comments:

Meredith Moorman said...

You're finally starting to really show like you're pregnant!!! So cute, I just love your bump! Sad I'm not there to rub that little belly but so glad I get to read all about your experiences!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

If some one wishes to be updated with latest technologies then he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to
date everyday.

Also visit my website: ranger Forum

Anonymous said...

I totally noticed you were saying "she" and "her" and then you caught yourself :-) Yea for compassionate people cleaning your car! It is so awesome when God blesses you through others. Again, Kat's pictures are AMAZING!! I love you and peanut :-)

-Mom

Diana Trieu said...

Haha I love this. Sorry you got sick while driving! :( but that story did make me laugh.. especially the part where you covered it with newspaper (gross, but hilarious). And I love hearing about random acts of kindness - how sweet of them to clean your car for you!!