Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 16

This week I am 16 weeks pregnant! I feel a lot more pregnant though - just because my belly has really decided to pop out. This week has been a lot of zoning out in my very last classes and a lot of studying for my last three finals. I am so excited to go to Texas I can almost hear the laughter and screaming of all of my little cousins and feel the hugs of my family. I leave the 6th for 2 and a half weeks!

This week, baby Hurst can hear! I've been listening to non-stop worship music in hopes that he or she likes it as much as I do. My cousin, Kathy, told me that the music that she listened to during her pregnancy reflected on the style of music that her girls liked after birth. Kathy listened to a Taylor Swift CD for almost her entire pregnancy in the car. After Kaycee, her daughter, was born, she would only calm down in the car when listening to T-Swift. I am determined to listen to different types of music, but mainly worship music by Misty Edwards, Hillsong United, etc... Anyway, our little nugget is already the size of an avocado and is 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and weighs 3 1/2 ounces. The eyes have moved closer to the front of the head and the ears are closer to their final position. Also, a strange fact that many of you might already know, but the baby has started growing fingernails and may need to be clipped right after he or she is born!

The baby's heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day! Its amazing what a tiny heart can already do!












*** Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography

How far along? 16 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Avocado
Total weight gain: 9 pounds.. I keep going up and down
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants and shirts, but I'm still wearing some of my regular shirts.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Not as good - I've been trying to sleep on my side instead of my back, and it has been a hard transition. If anyone has an idea of how to make it easier, let me know!
Best moment this week: Finishing the last class of all time! I will have sporadic modules in the fall, but I'm finished with weekly classes for the rest of my masters!
Movement: Yes! I feel the baby squirming all the time, but I still can't feel the movement physically with my hand.
Food cravings: I've still been craving tomatoes, but I've also been wanting spicy asian food (which has been constant). Although I have had a pretty strong aversion to peanut butter this week. I can't even take the smell!
Miss Anything? I really miss my coffee this week. I'm studying for finals, and I didn't realize how much of a difference it makes with keeping me awake and attentive.
Gender: We found out!... just kidding (: We won't find out for a long time.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I'm still having "morning sickness" or more like triggered sickness with smells, an empty stomach, and brushing my teeth.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? Mostly happy and a little stressed. I'm so excited that these are the last finals that I will ever take in my life, and I'm also stressed about those finals.
Looking forward to: Going to Texas on May 6th! Although I'm a little scared that Josh is going to be malnourished, but thankfully our friends said they'd help out with food for him (haha he needs the help).


So just to document my 1st dream about the baby, I had a dream about having a sweet baby girl. I was in the woods with Quentin and Michelle Manuel dropping them off for an engagement or party. We agreed to meet back there so I could take them home, but instead I went to a restaurant/movie theater with my dad. The movie we were watching was about a baby girl named Leah Michelle. Right then I went into labor and had the baby (for some reason I don't remember the actual labor itself). I was only 20 weeks pregnant in my dream, but somehow the doctors were wrong and the baby was full term. Apparently it was normal to have babies in a restaurant, because the owners had a birth certificate ready and were urging me to name the baby and fill it out. I was panicked, because Josh wasn't there and I couldn't remember a single name that we had agreed upon. So I named her Leah Michelle after the girl in the movie. Two days later, I finally found Josh and we decided to go back to the restaurant to rename our baby girl, Hope.

Anyway, it was kind of a weird dream, but I've heard of people having crazy pregnancy dreams. I just wanted to document mine to remember them for later! (:

6 comments:

Carrie Thornton said...

Elise. Seriously - those pictures of you are GORGEOUS! You look amazing! Pregnancy looks so good on you. :) Very happy for you, and am praying for baby Hurst.

Chelsea S said...

you look better pregnant than most people do without an additional human in the cargo hold! beautiful! (can i hire you in 10 years when im pregnant to shop for me... and hire your photographer as well?!) -- Chelsea

Elise Hurst said...

Haha of course!!! I shop cheaply and I hit up the sales in the pregnancy section of Gap, Old Navy, J-Crew, and then the whole store of Motherhood Maternity! And Kat Marcum is seriously an awesome photographer - I'd recommend her to anyone!

Elise Hurst said...

Thanks Carrie! I miss you and your fun personality!! Thank you for the prayers! Only a month away from being married, ahhh I'm sure you are so excited! I pray that you have an amazing month leading up to the day, my sweet friend.

Mary Hurst said...

Hey sweet Elise!! I'm so glad to follow your blog now. I officially going to be a stalker now. Haha
On a different note, have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs while on your side? Hope it helps. I still sleep with mine. Love you Always!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.