Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 19

I am 19 weeks pregnant this week! I seriously cannot believe how fast this is all going. A couple of people have really noticed in the past two weeks that my belly has gotten bigger, and they are so right. I think when I get home at the end of the week, Josh is going to be surprised at how much the baby has really grown! Plus I'm just excited to get back and see him. 2 and a half weeks is so long to be away from him!! So this week because I have noticed the difference in my belly size, I've been putting a pillow underneath my belly when I lie on my side to relieve the weight a little. My mom showed me this trick, and it makes everything so much more comfortable. 

This week our baby has grown to the size of a mango! She weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches. Her sensory development is going nuts! Her brain is designating certain areas for smell, vision, taste, hearing, and touch. Her little hair is also sprouting on her scalp. I can just imagine little red fuzz growing around that tiny head! This makes me smile so much. 







***Photo Credit: Terry Peak Photography This was a special shoot getting to have my pictures taken by my Dad. We not only got to bond all weekend, but we got to share his livelihood together - his photography.

How far along? 19 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Mango
Total weight gain: I haven't had the chance to weigh myself this week so I'm not sure... I'm guessing 11-12 pounds, because I feel heavier. I have no idea!
Maternity clothes? Yes! My dad just bought me some more awesome maternity clothes that I can't wait to bust out!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Not the best. I cannot wait to be back in my own bed in the not-so-hot weather. Even though we have the air conditioner and the fan on, I still feel like I am having a heat stroke every night!
Best moment this week: My two favorite moments this week involve deep conversation. I stayed up for several hours with my brother and sister-in-law just talking to them. Then I spent the next day and had dinner with my dad, and we also just had great conversation. I love getting to spend time with them so much!
Movement: Yes! I have felt more and more this week, and I know it'll be soon that I can feel it with my hand. I can't wait for that moment.
Food cravings: I have really craved chicken broth and lime ice this week. My usual cravings have also come back like spicy asian food and tomatoes.
Miss Anything? I really miss rough housing with my little cousin Zack. I normally chase him around, wrestle with him, and jump on the trampoline with him. We did play several rounds of Skip Bo. Love that little guy.
Gender: We still don't know the sex of the baby yet.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Other than being tired often, I haven't had any symptoms. I did catch a cold though a few days ago, and I can't seem to fight it.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? Definitely a roller-coaster. With all the events going on with the funeral and family gatherings, I have laughed and cried harder than I have in a long time.
Looking forward to: Girls night out with my mom and my cousin, but I also cannot wait to be back in Kentucky with my babe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are awesome!! I know I say that every week but your dad did such a great job. I'm getting really sad that your visit to Texas is about to come to an end - I just won't ever watch Friends without thinking of you and it's going to be lonely! I'm still hoping the baby kicks where I can feel it before you go home. Baby Hurst has definitely done some growing since you arrived - you are the cutest pregnant girl ever! I love you!!

-Mom

JLReed said...

So excited to have you and baby Hurst back!!