Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 20


I am 20 weeks this week, which is HALF WAY THERE! I can definitely tell a difference with my body size and how I am able to move around. I am starting to get the hang of sleeping on my side, which has allowed me to sleep a little bit more soundly. Poor Josh has had what I called the allergy-flu since I have been back in Kentucky. As many of my friends and family know, Josh was known for his snoring before we got married. I figured out on our wedding night that I could roll Josh on his side while he was sleeping on 2 pillows so that he wouldn't snore! It was magic. Because he has been sick, the magic is gone, and he has been snoring. Due to my intensive hours for my internship, sleep has been vital and sweet Josh has been sleeping on the couch the past two nights as to not wake me up. I'm hoping he gets better soon!

This week sweet baby Hurst is already 10 1/2 ounces and is 10 inches long. He is the length of a banana from head to heel! He is starting to produce meconium, which is, in my opinion, is a nice way of saying newborn poo. Meconium is a combination of amniotic fluid, mucus, skin cells, and other substances ingested in utero. The baby passes this in utero, during the delivery, or in his first diaper change. Thats really the big news in his development this week, but it's exciting to know that we are half way through pregnancy before we get to meet our little guy (or should I say girl?).






 ***Photo Credit: Josh Hurst. My husband took my pictures this week, because Kat went out of town to see her brand new nephew and family. Josh did a great job, and he was even patient with me while I asked him to take pictures over and over. Love him.

How far along? 20 weeks
Baby is the length of a: Banana - apparently the baby is not measured by length, not necessarily the size.
Total weight gain: 17 pounds! I made a big jump in the past two weeks. I guess our little guy had a growth spurt, or else eating out for lunch and dinner every day while I was in Texas made a HUGE impact on the scale. Either way I'm happy (:
Maternity clothes? Yes. I am basically only wearing all maternity clothes with the exception of a few normal shirts. Thanks to my parents (in-laws included), I am set up with a fully loaded wardrobe for the rest of the summer.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: AMAZING!!! Since I have been home, I have slept so well.
Best moment this week: Seeing my husby after 2 and a half weeks being away from  him. He is a rarity that I cherish immensely.
Movement: I have actually physically felt that baby move for the first time this week. Literally 30 minutes ago I felt like the baby did a back flip or something. It actually startled me!
Food cravings: I have still craved lime ice, chicken broth, and spicy Thai food. In the past 4 days, I have only fulfilled my chicken broth craving. Don't worry, I never eat/drink chicken broth by itself. I always make sure its in a soup at least!
Miss Anything? I miss coffee this week again. I have started my amazing internship at Kids Can Do, a pediatric clinic, but it is around a 12 hour day for me with the commute, work hours, and lunch break. Coffee would be nice about now.
Gender: We still aren't finding out, but I am getting really curious after registering this past week for baby goodies. I have registered at Babies R Us, but we haven't made it to Target yet.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: No symptoms just normal exhaustion from over working myself at the internship
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? I would say exhausted. I'm not used to waking up at 6am and not coming home until 7:30pm. Josh has been a great encourager for me the past two days.
Looking forward to: Sleeping in and relaxing over the weekend.

No comments: