Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 21


I am 21 weeks pregnant, and I'm starting to feel the beginning of the pregnancy wobble. It takes me a few different tries to get out of bed and a rock back before I actually start walking. I have to share the funniest story that happened this week. A younger girl that goes to our church just understood that I was pregnant even though Josh has told her before. So she said to Josh, "ohhh so that's why I've noticed Elise getting.." as she paused and said in a whisper, "fat." It didn't offend me at all, especially because the comment was so innocent.

Well our baby that is making me so big is already the length of a 10 1/2 inch carrot! If you read last weeks post, you know that the baby has grown 4 inches longer. He or she also weighs 3/4 of a pound. The eyebrows are present now along with those sweet and tiny little eye lids. At this week's ultrasound we should see more of the anatomy, but they will hopefully hide the parts that identify the gender!








***Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography Go check out her new website by clicking on her name!


How far along? 21 weeks
Baby is the length of a: Carrot
Total weight gain: I was up to 20 pounds, but I've been sick the past two days and have lost 5 pounds. ):
Maternity clothes? Yes, but I'm still loving some of my bigger regular shirts.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Average, but I'm still hating that I can't sleep on my back.
Best moment this week: Its between having a double date with some dear friends or going to the Farmer's Market, but either way Josh made it fun both times.
Movement: The movement has been a little more consistent and even distracting at times.
Food cravings: Chicken broth has been high on the list this week.
Miss Anything? I just miss doing some regular exercises like running and ab work outs.
Gender: We still aren't finding out, but we could know this upcoming Monday at our ultrasound. It'll be hard to not look for "signs."
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I've just noticed that my body takes longer to heal from exercise or even from being sick.
Belly Button in or out? In, but Josh seems to love how shallow it's getting.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? I would say just happy up until the past two days being sick. Josh took off the entire day today to take care of me, so I am also very thankful this week too.
Looking forward to: Our anatomy ultrasound this upcoming Monday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh is such a great husband - theme of this week, I would say. I love him!!

and i love you!
-Mom

Deidra said...

I can't wait to see pictures of that sweet little baby. This will be a longer sono right. Where they check the heart and such.

Meredith Moorman said...

You are more beautiful than ever!! So glad to hear baby is growing and healthy!!! Love y'all.