Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 25

I was 25 weeks this past week (July 2-8). It has gone by so fast with the holiday in the middle of the week instead of on the weekend. I was thankful for a little break from my usual 13 hour day at my internship. On Thursdays I normally wake up at 5:45am and leave by 6:30pm, and then I do not get home until around 7:30pm on average. I think those hours are hard on a non-pregnant person and to add the extra factor can be crippling some days. Although, I do feel like I have become accustomed to the hours after 6 weeks with more energy to carry out the therapy and drive home each day .

Baby Hurst is the size of an acorn squash weighing 1 1/2 pounds and measuring 13 1/2 inches from head to tiny toes. He or she is starting to look more squishy and chubby instead of lean with loose skin. Hair is starting to really grow and if we could see inside the womb with the naked eye, we could discern the color of his/her hair!






***Photo Credit: Kat Marcum Photography***

How far along? 25 weeks
Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash
Total weight gain: I'm still in the 20 pound range.
Maternity clothes? Basically all the time. I salute the person who invented stretchy waist bands.
Stretch marks? I'm still stretch mark free, but I rue the day they show up.
Sleep: I've been getting plenty of sleep. I usually get home from my internship at 7:30pm and I fall asleep by 8:30pm.
Best moment this week: Getting the day off for the 4th of July was amazing even though it did rain all day long canceling most of the Wilmore festivities like the parade and festival. We did, however, see a firework show thanks to RJ Corman.
Movement: Like I've said in the previous weeks, I have felt the baby move all the time. I can't wait until the movement is apparent above my belly button. Right now its all below my belly button, and I can't distinguish what body parts are bumping and moving. I always think it's a shoulder or a foot for some reason.
Food cravings: I had a pretty darn strong craving for hot chocolate the other night. Thank goodness for Keldy Spainhour, who immediately found and made me a glorious cup of hot chocolate!
Miss Anything? I haven't been buying fresh coffee, because I haven't been drinking it throughout my pregnancy. I know that it's allowable to have 1 cup of coffee a day, but I like to keep my options open in case someone offers me a cup of sweet tea or another caffeinated drink. It has rained almost non stop for 4 days, and I would love to snuggle up with a warm cup of french pressed Kifu Coffee.   Check Kifu Coffee Roasters out for amazing quality roasted coffee!
Gender: The gender is still a mystery, but I found out this weekend that my entire immediate and extended family thinks I am having a boy except for my brother and grandpa. They insist I am having a baby girl!
Symptoms: I need of list of possible symptoms, because as far as I know I am having a really easy pregnancy compared to many of my pregnant friends and sister-in-law.
Belly Button in or out? I think I can definitely classify my belly button as out.
Wedding rings on or off? On. I don't think my fingers have swollen at all................yet.
Mood? I've been in a really good mood this week with a lot more energy throughout the day.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to my next prenatal check up scheduled for next Monday and going to Texas for our friend's, Jiminey and Chase, wedding!

1 comment: