Monday, July 15, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 26

I am 26 weeks (and 6 days) pregnant. This past week (July 9-15) went by really quickly with the fast trip to Texas. We drove 22 hours to Texas starting last Wednesday and arriving Thursday night. I was able to squeeze into a cute bridesmaid dress for Chase and Jiminey's wedding, and I am not ashamed to say I might have invented a few dance moves involving my baby bump during the reception.  The wedding was a gorgeous 10am ceremony with my father-in-law officiating and a good friend, Greg Jeffreys, playing his guitar and singing throughout the service. After the wedding Josh and I sped to Midland to enjoy a quick family visit for my cousin's 8 year birthday party. I flew back the next morning on Sunday and I felt as if the trip was just long enough for me to get a few hugs in and say good bye to friends and family!

Baby Hurst is as long as an English hothouse cucumber, which is around 14 inches long. He or she weighs around 1 2/3 pounds and is continuing to put on fat. The baby's inner ear has been developing continuously the past few weeks and this week the baby may even be able to distinguish mine and Josh's voice as we talk to each other. Baby Hurst is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. These breathing movements help develop the lungs more fully before they actually inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

So I haven't really shared on here names of what Josh and I are considering. We have a list for both girl and boy names, but our top 3 boy names (in no order) are Zeke (short of Ezekiel), Tobin, and Shep (short for Shepard). Let us know what you think of our top 3 names!








***Kat took my pictures while I was in Texas, and sadly the pictures will have to wait until later to be posted! At least we've documented every week with photos regardless if they're on the blog just yet- we'll have them up soon. Keep checking back!***

How far along? 26 weeks
Baby is as long as an: English hothouse cucumber (it's an extra long cucumber) 
Total weight gain: I haven't gotten to weigh myself this week, but the day before I turned 26 weeks (last Monday, the 8th) I was measuring 21 pounds gained at my prenatal vitamins.
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants have been my best friend and will continue to be for the next 2 weeks until I finish my internship. I've been required to wear pants with closed toed shoes. I cannot wait to wear dresses and sandals for the rest of the summer!
Stretch marks? Okay people.... This is the ugly part of pregnancy that no one likes to talk about - I noticed a few stretch marks on my back side. Yep, my booty is getting large and in charge, and apparently my skin couldn't handle all the junk in the trunk. The more I've researched and asked around  the more I've found out getting stretch marks on your rear is way more common than you would think. Thankfully, most women I've talked to, their stretch marks disappeared after birth. I'm hanging on to that tid bit of hope!
Sleep: I have actually had a really hard time the past 4-5 days sleeping, but not because of the position I'm sleeping in. I'm having a hard time, because I'll wake up short of breath or a feeling of fleeting pain right above my sternum in my air way. I've also been sick since Wednesday, the 10th, and I have a history of sick-induced asthma. I'm probably going to go in on Monday to the doctor if it persists - so don't worry (mom).
Best moment this week: Standing by some of my best friends as they got married in a gorgeous morning ceremony. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Fallin!
Movement: Movement has been similar to previous weeks. The baby moves when there is pressure put on him or her, and he/she will let me know by giving me a big kick. My two cousins and mom finally got to feel the baby kick for the first time, and I thought for a second that Deidra was going to pee her pants out of excitement. I would have loved that!
Food cravings: I have been traveling quite a bit from the 22 hour car ride from Kentucky to Texas and then the 4 hour car ride from Lubbock to Midland and back - so my cravings have been for absolute junk. I ate my fill of hot Cheetos and sour patch kids. (Remember - this blog is a no judgement zone!)
Miss Anything? I miss comfortably sleeping on car trips for hours on in!
Gender: The baby's gender is still a surprise
Symptoms: I have actually had a lot more symptoms this week, but I believe they are in conjunction with my little cold I have going on. I've been nauseous several times and I've had shortness of breath. I finally figured it out yesterday, the 14th, I was essentially having an asthma attack and had to take a breathing treatment. I'm not too fond of having these type of meds while being pregnant, but everything I've read says treating asthma is way less of a risk than untreated asthma with the baby not getting enough oxygen.
Belly Button in or out? The little belly button is out, but I'm kind of ready for it to stick out a little more. You can't tell through my shirt yet.
Wedding rings on or off? My wedding ring and class ring are still on. I was fortunate enough not to have my feet or hands swell during the 22 hour drive.
Mood? Pretty optimistic I'd say... I've been sick, but I have had a lot of fun this past week.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward for to having a lot of free time at night. Josh is still in Texas, so all of my nights are free for crafty nights.

No comments: