Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 28

BABY HURST AND I ARE IN THE THIRD TRIMESTER! Whoo hoo! This week has been extra special making it into this leg of my pregnancy. The last week of my internship was so much fun and very rewarding, and I was pretty sad to say "goodbye forever" to the staff. Josh came back from Texas, and I couldn't have been a happier pregnant lady after over a week being apart from him. I will be officially finished with my summer rotation after I finish my 3-day elective course over endoscopy/stroboscopy (getting a video image of a person's vocal folds) tomorrow.

Little baby Hurst now weighs 2 1/4 pounds and is the size of a large eggplant. He or she is approximately 14.8 inches long from head to heels. The baby is now sporting eye lashes when he or she blinks his/her eyes. Baby Hurst may be able to see light that filters through my womb with his or her more developed eye sight. The third trimester (and towards the end of the next 12 weeks) is when baby Hurst is most developing billions of neurons in his or her brain. In addition, my peanut is getting chubbier to get ready for the outside world! I smile just thinking about my little chunk snuggling into my arms!

******Vote for which gender you think baby Hurst is on the poll to the left of the screen!******







*** Photo Credit: My wonderful husby got up at the crack of dawn to take these pictures for me. Love him.***

How far along? 28 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Large eggplant
Total weight gain: Baby Hurst has been plumping me these past few weeks. I've mainly been weighing in at 25 pounds gained, but once I weighed in with an additional 27 pounds.
Maternity clothes? I'm all about the maternity clothes now. I have been most unfortunate enough to out grow all of my regular bras besides the one my mom bought me 2 months ago, which was larger than the ones I already owned. I went to buy some more bras today, and I have reached a freakin' D size! HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN??!! (I am sorry for those who find my vulnerability offensive!) I really do not know whether to be pumped up or in full depression!
Stretch marks? Well I have a total of 3 small stretch marks, but none are on my belly.
Sleep: I've slept fine this past week besides the one night I experienced horrible heart burn and reflux.
Best moment this week: Finishing up my internship/summer rotation at the pediatric clinic was very rewarding. It was an INCREDIBLE rotation and very difficult and exhausting at the same time. I felt very accomplished my last day knowing I completed the 9-week internship working 12 hour days 3 days a week and 8 hour days twice a week 20+ weeks pregnant.
Movement: The movement has really changed this week. I feel like the continuous movement has become purposeful movement. If I press on my belly in a certain spot, the baby either kicks or readjusts. If I take a bath, the baby floats the top of my belly to get away from the warm water. If I lean forward sort of squishing my belly, the baby goes crazy. I am starting to be able to tell the difference between the head and the butt, but I haven't been able to tell if it is a foot. I was told if a hard round surface is pressing again my belly, it is the head, but if the surface is soft, then it is the butt.
Food cravings: I have been craving freeze pops like crazy. I've eaten several a day and almost feel like I need them! I cannot tell you how many times this week when I have had food on my plate or in front of me and I have just decided I don't want it or can't eat it. Josh has been so great about this annoying pickiness and he has eat everything I have decided wasn't satisfying enough.
Miss Anything? I miss drinking more than 1 cup of caffeine a day! Sometimes I like to have a cup of coffee AND a glass of sweet tea AND maybe even a bottle of Kentucky's soda Ale 8.
Gender: We still do not know the gender, but continue to vote if you think the baby is a girl or boy on the gender poll! Josh told me he wanted a girl after seeing the 3 cute daughters off of the movie Despicable Me 2.
Symptoms: Okay... this week has been full of symptoms. I experienced major heartburn, indigestion, and reflux the week. It is completely my fault though! I ate my favorite type of pizza, (don't judge me) pepperoni with jalepeƱos. That'll do it though. I was up all night even with extra pillows propping me up to decrease the relux. I think I've learned my lesson. I had morning sickness only once this week, but it was still pretty awful. Another symptom that has come up is linea nigra. I have a tiny line as thick as a hair that goes from my pelvic bone all the way up to my sternum. This "linea nigra" literally means dark line and is said to disappear within a few months after giving birth. We'll see if this little line gets any bigger.
Belly Button in or out? It is out, but you still can't see it protruding through my shirt.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? I am a little embarrassed to admit I have had bi-polar-like emotions this week. I have been extremely happy and the next moment I could burst into tears. I have wanted to be around people, but as soon as I am in a crowd, I want to go home and be by myself. It is bizarre. Say a prayer for Josh! Poor guy...
Looking forward to: Finishing up my elective course and relaxing for the next couple of months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No sunbathing in your bikini! Makes linea nigra darker and longer to fade :-) Take heart, mine went away after you were born so maybe it is a girl after all ;-) I had totally forgotten about it.

I love you and can't wait to see you next week!!
-Mom