Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 30


This past week (August 6-11) I was 30 weeks pregnant. We flew out to good ol' West Texas for a week to see family and have two baby showers! I was overwhelmed by the sweltering dry Texas heat! Kentucky has had it good in the mid 80's with mild humidity. We were able to transport all of the gifts from the Midland shower, high chairs, swings, and crib from Midland to Lubbock, combine these with the gifts from the Lubbock baby shower, and pack them all into my dad's SUV to be shipped off to New Mexico. This seems counterproductive since we need to get them all to Kentucky; however, with all of the gifts with my dad already in New Mexico, he will save around 5 hours on his 30 hour trek to Kentucky when I give word that I am in labor.

It will be hard for me to wait to "nest" with all of our new baby things until baby Hurst comes, but it is the most logical plan to get all the goodies up there without making two trips. Until then, I'll continue to quilt a baby blanket for little Hurst!

This week baby hurst is the size of a butternut squash and weighs 3 pounds. He or she is around 15.7 inches long too! There isn't a significant milestone going on in the development this week, but baby Hurst is still growing rapidly! I'll be okay if he or she slows down a little, but I won't be surprised if this baby weighs 8 or more pounds when he or she comes out.


Vote for what you think I am having - a boy or a girl - if you haven't! 






***Josh, my husband, took these in Lubbock, Texas***

How far along? 30 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Butternut Squash
Total weight gain: I am around the same weight as last week, 28 lbs gained.
Maternity clothes? I do almost exclusively wear maternity clothes, but I have some killer maxi dresses that pass easily as maternity dresses.
Stretch marks? None on the belly!
Sleep: I have actually had trouble sleeping this week. Instead of naturally turning over in my sleep to the other side when my shoulder gets sore, I have to wake up and process that I need to turn over.
Best moment this week: HOW CAN I EVEN BEGIN TO PICK JUST ONE MOMENT?! Josh and I flew to Texas. My whole family flew/drove to Midland and spend 3 glorious laughter-filled days with us. I had two INCREDIBLE showers - one in Midland and one in Lubbock. And my dad drove like a mad man to have dinner and see me for less than 2 hours! It was a heck of a week.
Movement: The movement is so consistent and continuous that almost everyone got to feel baby Hurst move throughout the weekend. Plus, I got to feel some movement on the top of my belly! I've been waiting for that for a while!
Food cravings: Spicy foods, spicy foods, spicy foods! Today I had mango habanero boneless wings and cried through the spicy-ness because it was so dang hot. Chicken broth has come back too. I almost drank/ate my weight in chicken tortilla soup - it was spicy AND had chicken broth.
Miss Anything? I miss picking up my cousins! I don't know how many times my family yelled at me to put my cousins (ages 2 1/2 - 8) down. I can't help but love on them!
Symptoms: Well, this is a funny story. I haven't really had any morning sickness or nausea at all. I did, however, throw up on the spot when I saw a baby spit up maybe an ounce of his food. Ironic that the baby made me sick? Maybe.
Belly Button in or out? My Lubbock friends confirmed that my belly button is definitely poking out there.
Wedding rings on or off? There are still on!
Mood? I have been extremely happy this week seeing all of my family, going to our baby showers, & what not.
Looking forward to: Tomorrow Josh and I fly to NEW YORK CITY!

No comments: