Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 31

I am posting late this week due to having way too much fun in New York and getting sick the day I get home in Kentucky. My entire 31st week of pregnancy I was trucking through Central Park, SOHO, and the rest of NYC. Thank goodness Josh and I prepped my body by walking/running 3 miles a day the weeks leading up to our babymoon. It is amazing the advantages that come with being pregnant. People in New York constantly stood up for me to sit down in the subway, workers let me cut to the front in long security lines, and this fancy person dressed up as a bellhop let me take an elevator on a non-accessible floor of the empire state building after I about went into a coma in the stairwell of the 83rd floor. Baby Hurst worked his or her magic all week! Although, it all caught up to me the day I got back. I went for a prenatal check-up the day after we got back in Kentucky and my midwife gave me antibiotics and steroids due to there being fluid in my lungs. ): All in all I had a great trip regardless of the aftermath sickness! We saw Phantom of the Opera and Stomp, which were gifted to us from our family and enjoyed touristy sites along with local hot spots for New Yorkers.

Baby Hurst weighs as much as 4 navel oranges at 3 1/3 pounds. He or she is around 16 inches long and is definitely filling up  my belly more and more each day!









***Photo Credit: Josh took these in Central Park in NYC***

How far along? 31 weeks
Baby weighs the same as: 4 navel oranges 
Total weight gain: Same - 29ish pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? My belly is stretch mark free!
Sleep: Sleep has been amazing! Amanda has a bed made of heaven's clouds. Plus after wearing myself out walking through all of Manhattan and Brooklyn, I've slept better than ever.
Best moment this week: I think my favorite moment was running from awning to awning with Josh in the rain after watching Phantom of the Opera. Not only were we dressed to the nines, but Josh was wearing white linen pants and I was wearing a thin maxi dress. Neither of our outfits went well with "wet." I was trying to yell at Josh to cover my camera, but all he heard was "cover." He immediately took off his polo and put it over my head. Then he stuffed my purse and camera under his white tee. So we both looked pregnant, but at least Josh didn't waddle as we were running.  I wish there was a video, because the whole thing was hilarious.
Movement: Movement has been nuts this week! I have constantly been able to watch baby Hurst squirm around making my belly move all over. I've seen those crazy videos women have posted of their babies moving around, kicking and punching here and there. Well, it's finally my turn to experience that. I'm sure I'll post a "crazy video" some time soon.
Food cravings: JalepeƱos, red pepper flakes, and just spicy food in general. I added spice to every meal I've had  in New York.
Miss Anything? I miss walking for hours upon hours without getting tired. When I backpacked Europe 4 years ago I walked all day long every day, but in New York, I have had run out of fuel every couple of hours. So basically I've taken a nap every day whether we go back to the apartment, hammock in central park, or nap on Brighton beach and gone to bed early.
Symptoms: This is almost exactly the same story as last week. I haven't been sick all week, but one morning this week I had another episode of morning sickness. I was standing on the subway after eating a measly banana for breakfast (which I knew wasn't heavy enough of a breakfast). After feeling  nauseous for a couple minutes, I told Josh I thought I was going to be sick. I immediately "got sick," and Josh was trying to be supportive by telling me to swallow it which made me even more sick. Needless to say, all of the New Yorkers were so sweet. One elderly woman told me to sit down while another woman gave me a plastic bag and pulled out tissues to clean me up. I was so embarrassed, but everyone just kept asking if I was okay and assuring me that it happens all the time.
Belly Button in or out? Outty
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? So happy, but definitely fatigued from all of the walking and standing in lines in NYC.
Looking forward to: Just getting better and seeing some of my besties in Nashville this weekend.

3 comments:

Mary B. said...

Ok, I am snickering out loud that your husband told you to swallow you vomit. That is SO disgusting!!!!! EWWWWW...and I'm so shocked that people were understanding. Praise the Lord!!! That COULD have been a much worse situation!

Abby Graham said...

Meredith and I just died laughing at you're moment of the week. We really miss you guys!

Elise Hurst said...

Yeah Mary, it was DISGUSTING! Every time I tried to swallow it I just threw up more. It was freaking awful!!! haha I walked around until we found a McDonalds to wash up in with banana all over my face and hands.