Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 32

Well, it has taken me a while to get this week's blog up, because I wrote the entire blurb and it was all erased as I pressed "publish!" So here goes round two of giving you a synopsis of week 32 of my pregnancy. I have gotten the "nesting" bug, to say the least. Last Tuesday night I stayed up until 4:30am cleaning, organizing, and scrubbing the floors of the nursery. I twiddled my thumbs, read my book, and Facebooked until my eyes went cross until 2 in the morning, but I couldn't kick the urge to do something in the baby room. Finally I got out of bed, put my contacts in, and went a little crazy in our spare bedroom. This "nesting" thing is real. I've been told this happens when you are closer to your due date, but I couldn't sleep until the job was done. The next day I ended up buying a dresser, book shelf, and organizing bins to add to it all. I can't wait to get into our shed and clean it out! Josh is going to have to help me with all the boxes though, poor guy.

Baby Hurst is the size of a coconut weighing in at 3 3/4 pounds and measuring 16.7 inches long. I should be gaining on average a pound a week and roughly half of that goes to the baby's weight. This is really the time I need to be eating the good fats!








***Josh took these photos in downtown Nashville during a festival that was going on!***

How far along? 32 weeks
Baby weighs the same as: a coconut
Total weight gain: Same - 28 pounds. I actually lost a little.
Maternity clothes? I wear almost exclusively maternity clothes now minus maxi dresses.
Stretch marks? Still no new ones.
Sleep: Sleep has been back to normal in my comfy bed!
Best moment this week: Taking a quick trip to Nashville on Saturday was incredible! It was quick and short, but completely worth it. I was able to meet with a dear friend for lunch, see the most beautiful bride marry her groom, and hang out with two of my very best friends from Tech!
Movement: I may or may not say this every week, but I saw even more movement this week! I recorded a short video of baby Hurst moving on my side while I was watching FRIENDS, and I could have sworn the kicks were in sync with the theme song!
Food cravings: JalepeƱos!!!!!!!!!! My good friend gave me a huge bag of jalepeƱos, cayenne peppers, and several other types of hot peppers. I have chopped and sauteed them every single day and put them into every meal I've cooked. I can't get away from them!
Miss Anything? I miss picking up boxes, etc... I've been wanting to (more thoroughly) clean out the baby room, shed, and basically every other room, but I haven't been able to go through half of the house because I can't pick up and move anything without Josh. At my last appointment, my nurse told me my muscle has separated in the middle above my belly button (which is normal, but it still freaks me out). She recommended not picking up anything or using my ab muscles. So basically I have to roll out of bed instead of doing a sit up and annoy Josh every other second to help me out around the house.
Symptoms: Well, if you've been following my week to week journey through my pregnancy, you'd notice a pattern in my symptoms. I was pretty sick for about 3 weeks in my first trimester, but since then I've only had little episodes here and there. The past several weeks I've only gotten sick once per week. This week's "episode" tops all the rest. Josh and I went to Nashville for a friend's wedding, so we decided to go down early and enjoy the town. We ate at a small Thai restaurant and we ordered Pad Thai, making sure it was at the spiciest it can get, to split. After eating about a quarter of the plate, I bowed out of eating any more of it. Nothing would calm my hot flashes, runny nose, watering eyes, and never-ceasing on-fire tongue and lips. Before I could tell Josh what was happening, I was making my way to the one-person restroom. Okay, this is where this story gets a little graphic. Here's your disclaimer for those not interested in the gory details. I saw a little bit of toilet paper in the toilet, but there was no time to flush before projectile Pad Thai came flying out. I did try to flush in between getting sick, but the toilet didn't flush and the water started to rise! At this point I'm terrified of backsplash so I immediately turn to the small sink, which was instantly also plugged up. I ended up throwing up in the trashcan and finishing out in/around the toilet. In a span of 30 seconds I had DESTROYED this once perfectly clean Asian bathroom. Thankfully no one was in the restaurant except Josh and me, so I poked my head out of the door and asked Josh to "come here for a sec." He stopped at the door with an aghast look on his face and asked, "did you do this?" With teary eyes and a strained "uh huh," I nodded my head and tried to keep from dry heaving due to obscene situation and smell that was going on around me. Josh just told me to "get out" so that he could clean it all up. He ended up having to plunge both the toilet and sink, scoop out Pad Thai from the sink, and wipe down all the surfaces. Much later that night he admitted this was the grossest task he had every had to do. Ladies, I have to say Josh is a man's man and if you find someone like him, you are golden.
Belly Button in or out? Outty
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? I'd have to say happy! I feel so in tune with the baby and his or her movements. Plus, it has really nice being home!
Looking forward to: Spending this week with our dear friends, the Pittmans, from Louisiana! Becca is 23 weeks pregnant so there will be a lot of baby talk going on.

3 comments:

Terry Peak Photography said...

I can not wait for baby Hurst to be here, but...I'm really going to miss this blog. You need to keep it up so we can here about life. This is fun!

Meredith Moorman said...

That story sounds like it could have been out of a MOVIE! So glad to hear the baby is doing well! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Josh is a hero! What a wonderful dad and husband he is!! You told me this story but reading it, I couldn't help but laugh out loud (even though you know I am faint of heart when it comes to bodily functions). You definitely need to keep on bloggin!

Love you!
~Mom~