Friday, September 27, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 37

Week 37 of my pregnancy has been uneventful. I have just loved being invested in the community at Asbury Seminary, so I've hosted a baby shower and a get together for women fellowship at my house this past week. Many people say being a pastor's wife is difficult and it is a choice to be hospitable and intentional, but I genuinely enjoy making friendships with other people - women specifically.

On a completely other note, I had my 37 week prenatal appointment and I am exactly where I was last week - 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So no exciting news to share other than I am ready for labor whether baby Hurst is or not!








***Josh took these in Cincinnati at Shannon Woods Park.*** How far along? 37 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Medium sized pumpkin (6 1/3 pounds and the baby is about 19 in long)
Total weight gain:  32 pounds
Maternity clothes? I wear maternity clothes exclusively, but I've been wearing summer maternity wear  and I am so excited Fall is finally here!
Stretch marks? I actually think that tiny one on my belly wasn't a stretch mark after all, because it's gone! So, I guess I have none on my belly! yay!
Sleep: Well, I keep getting up several times a night due to either the need to use the restroom or very real dreams that my water breaks or I am in labor. I immediately wake up to find them not true, but they could be a reality basically at any given moment.
Best moment this week: Our maternity shoot with Kat Marcum Photography was definitely a highlight of my week! We woke up and got ready before the sunrise. Kat picked us up before just before the sun was up, and we drove through a thick blanket of fog out to Shaker Village. We thought the fog would subside once the sun was up, but it didn't in time (although we did get some very mystical pictures with the fog). So we headed back into Wilmore and Kat found INCREDIBLE light in a nearby park. Then we finished out the maternity shoot in our bedroom. I think I am absolutely in love with these pictures, and I cannot wait to share them with you all!
Movement: I actually feel like the movement has slowed down a bit. I still fill tiny bits of stretches here and there, but I think baby Hurst is getting nestled in to "the position."
Food cravings: This week I only ate jalepeƱos every other day! They haven't been as strong of a craving this week.
Miss Anything? I miss wearing my cute dresses from last fall with a skinny belt around my waist instead of on top of my belly. My friend keeps encouraging me saying if I have a 10 pound baby, that's ten pounds that you lose at the time of birth! Hopefully baby Hurst isn't that big, but I do hope I lose this baby weight quickly!
Symptoms: I was sick once this week unfortunately. I went to bed sick and woke up 4 hours later with a migraine and vomiting, but I've been fine since that night. I have occasionally felt a little discomfort walking with the baby continually dropping in my pelvis, but I still haven't had any Braxton Hicks or any pre-labor symptoms.
Belly Button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? I've been just plain excited. Josh and I teared up reviewing our birthing class material. We are just prepared to go through this journey together!
Looking forward to: I really just want to say, "baby Hurst getting here!" But who knows, he or she may not come for a couples weeks. I am just looking forward to finishing the quilt I made if baby Hurst is a girl. I actually finished the boy quilt today - binding and all!

2 comments:

Terry Peak Photography said...

LOVE is the key word here!
I LOVE You and how cute you are as a pregnant woman!
I LOVE what you choose to wear and how you wear it!
I LOVE your glases!
I LOVE the idea that you were holding that pumpkin without screaming crying like I would!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Chelsea S said...

cutest pregnant woman ever.