Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pregnancy: Week 39


This 39th week of my pregnancy hasn't been anything special. I am just extremely anxious and ready for baby Hurst to come. I have reached the point where I am "over" being pregnant. It was really fun and I did my best to have a good experience through this journey, but I AM SO DANG READY TO HOLD MY BABY! Almost every day I have a handful, if not more, people say, "You still here?!" or "Haven't had that baby yet, huh?" That doesn't get old, because I know they are tracking with the fact that I am so close to delivery. I just feel like I am in a state of in between. I am savoring these last few days (maybe weeks) of the life of just Josh and me, but I already feel like my foot is through the door entering into Josh and me plus baby Hurst. I have had several people tell me this will be the longest waiting period of my life, but it will go by SO fast after he or she is born. I know they are right and I have plenty to do to occupy my time, but if I had it my way, I would go into labor...NOW! (:






***These photos were taken by Josh down at the Asbury University Challenge Course where he works***

How far along? 39 weeks and 1 day
Baby is the size of a: Mini watermelon (20 inches)
Total weight gain: 36ish pounds (the baby should weigh a little over 7 pounds now)
Maternity clothes? Same as last week. I am wearing all maternity clothes, but I am ready to fit back into my normal clothes now.
Stretch marks? Still none on my belly
Sleep: Sleep has been normal - minus the day I decided to walk 4 miles. That night my hips hurt so bad!
Best moment this week: 
Movement: Movement is still similar to previous weeks, but I know baby Hurst has moved down, because the movements aren't as big. So baby Hurst's little head is comfy in my pelvis at this point and just moves a little to adjust, but that's about it.
Food cravings: I've gone back to jalapeƱos, but I have also craved orange cinnamon rolls like a crazy person this week.
Miss Anything? I miss walking up hill (or even on flat terrain) and not losing my breath. I guess I am just ready to work out again.
Symptoms: Today at my appointment, Melissa checked and I am now 70% effaced, which means I am even closer to having baby Hurst! I am still 1 cm dilated, but dilation really doesn't mean anything. I can definitely feel a baby in between my legs so standing up or walking isn't necessarily painful, but I wouldn't classify it as comfortable.
Belly Button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? They are still on!
Mood? Anxious to be a mother...
Looking forward to: Going into labor.. I feel like I am past the point of being fearful. I am just ready to go through this experience with Josh by my side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was with you when you bought that watermelon! ;-)

I love you!
-Mom

Elise Hurst said...

Haha Yes, I was on the phone with you!

Meredith Moorman said...

You are looking so gorgeous and so ready to be a momma! Praying for that sweet baby and for the two of you! (praying it's a girl ;) )

Terry Peak Photography said...

Your blog is something that pulls me in close enough that I feel like I'm there. Just going back and rereading the blog has made me laugh, cry and miss you so bad I that it feels like a physical pain! I have never been more anxious about anything in my life... I think when I was in the middle Cherl and I having you and Colten we were so close to the issue to not see it all... now as a Grandparent and seeing everything from a more experienced insight I have never ever felt so blessed. Having pictures taken every week has made our distance bearable....I love you and I am truly excited about this new chapter in all of our lives!