Sunday, November 23, 2014

2nd Pregnancy: Week 12

Have I mentioned how I figured out I was pregnant? I work in a nursing home as a speech-language pathologist. Although I absolutely adore my patients, there are certain scents and sights that will make a pregnant lady running for the key-coded locked bathroom every time. 

I walked in to one of my patient's room, like I did every day. There was a faint smell of urine in the room, which normally doesn't bother me. I was in the middle of the conversation when I noticed my patient's drooling and excess breakfast left on her shirt. I politely put one finger up and said I would be right back. I stepped out of the room and dry heaved all the way across the facility until I reached the bathroom. Seriously barely made it to the toilet, people. This is slightly graphic (or very graphic depending on who is reading this), so I apologize for those I have offended. Read no further if I have! 

I kept having little episodes like this, and my coworkers kept joking that I was pregnant. I kept saying there is no way due to my IUD. After almost 2 weeks of these episodes, I finally made a trip to Kroger for the pregnancy tests. I couldn't even wait until I was home! I went straight to the bathroom after I checked out. The little blue strip immediately turned to a positive. No doubt about it.. I was pregnant! 

I have to include this next story, as this blog kind of acts as my documentation of all pregnancy happenings. The other day Josh and I were headed to Smash Burger to have a late lunch. I barely ate breakfast, and we had just finished a CrossFit workout. To say the least, I was famished. I started to feel nauseous in the car, so Josh pointed to the cracker box and asked, "are there any crackers in there?" I immediately pulled out all the sleeves of crackers and proceed to hurl in to the Ritz cracker box. Josh was frantically giving me paper to hold under the box in case it leaked. I reached for my water mug I got from the hospital when I had Shep and started throwing up in that instead. When we parked at SB, I handed the box (that hadn't leaked) and the mug to Josh to throw away and wash out. But of course right as I handed him the box, it leaked all over his arm and on to his pants. This poor husband of mine. He has dealt with my mishaps so many times and they all involve my pregnancies. 

I don't have sickness very often, but when I do.. well, lets just say I make it memorable. If you don't remember my notorious experience from my first pregnancy, refer to this blog post. Read under the "symptoms" sections. 

Peace and blessings to all of you that read this as you were eating your midnight snack and can't finish it now. You're welcome. (;



12 weeks 2 days


How far along? 12 weeks and 2 days
Baby is the size of a: plum
Total weight gain:  2-3 pounds
Waist Measurement: 31.5 inches
Maternity clothes? No - but somehow the inevitable booty crack (there is no nice word for this) is starting to show up when I bend over to change Shep's diaper on the ground. This means I'm filling out my jeans and they are getting tighter. Heaven forbid the crack, and God love the long shirts. 
Stretch marks? None. Lets keep that count to 0. I just bought The Honest Company's Organic Belly Balm. I like all of the ingredients, but I have found it is hard to get enough out of the container to actually rub it on my body. It takes forever. We'll see if I stick to this. I am pretty impatient. 
Sleep: Between Shepherd waking up several times a night and having to use the restroom, sleep has been sparse. I am thankful for the past two days when my dad took Shep at 6:30am, and he let me sleep in until 9!
Best moment this week: Having an early Thanksgiving with my family in Texas and getting to spend some cherished time with my Grandpa Joe. OH! and Shepherd took his first steps this past Friday!!! 
Movement: None yet!
Food cravings: No cravings. I am either starving or I have no appetite at all. I keep telling my appetite to get it together.  
Miss Anything? I miss laying on my back!!!!!!!!! I loath sleeping on my side. 
Symptoms: Morning sickness and nausea hit me every morning, but it subsides after I eat breakfast. 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? EXHAUSTED! I am so ready to get back to our schedule. 
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to one more day with my Texas fam and spending Thanksgiving in Harlan with our sweet friend's family! 

No comments: