Monday, December 8, 2014

2nd Pregnancy: Week 14

***another DISCLAIMER: I have been talking about things that are graphic to many in my previous posts, but to be fair to any reader unknowingly stumbling upon this blog post, this post does contain content pertaining blood and vomit - Oh, the happiness pregnancy brings!***

I am trying to remember the last time I didn't either throw up or at least dry heave for an entire day. The different mentality is I am actually thankful for this sickness. Last weekend was scary with the bleeding (refer to last week's post) and possible miscarriage, but I am thankful for continued morning, or really all-day, sickness because that means this little babe is still healthy and moving around in there. 

I will admit feeling nauseated all day long sucks. It is right up there with a stuffy nose and sore throat that you've had for days... it doesn't completely disable you, but it definitely handicaps you until it is gone. Unfortunately, Zofran just doesn't do the trick to get rid of the nausea completely! I've Googled other remedies for nausea, but if you have any tips please comment below for myself and other mamas reading!

In addition to the nausea, I have had headaches almost every day and just felt sick to my stomach. I also had low blood sugar last Monday. I thankfully work with a bunch of nurses and when they checked it was 67 (normal is above 70). Two days later they checked it to see what my normal was and it was 120. So we'll see if I fail my glucose testing. This pregnancy is so interesting, because it is COMPLETELY opposite from my first pregnancy. I was aglow throughout most, if not all, of my pregnancy with Shepherd. I did have 3 weeks in there when I would feel nauseous, throw up, and feel better afterwards in the morning. It went away when I hit 12 week, and I expected the same with this little bun. And here we are 2 and a half weeks further in my pregnancy... 

Aside from the crappy symptoms, last Monday was the best day of this pregnancy since we first got to hear her or his little heart beat. Our sweet friend, Kendra Giffin, came over and used her Doppler to listen for heart tones. The tones came in strong in the 150s (maybe this baby is a girl! (; ). I just laid on my couch laughing and crying at the same time. All the stress and worry seemed to be appeased for a moment. Then I started thinking about how my body was healthier and more physically fit with this baby than when I was pregnant with Shepherd, but somehow I am having more health problems with this time around. It just blows my mind. I ate healthier, ran more, lifted more weights, and even brought down my body fat percentage while keeping my body weight the same before becoming pregnant. I had no idea being healthier - or maybe there is another reason - could possible cause problems with baby making. 

Okay end rant about healthiness..  This week I was happy to tell every one who asked that I was no longer spotting and baby 2.0's heart beat was a-beatin'! This was right up until Sunday morning when I started bleeding and spotting again. Thank the Lord it wasn't anything like the first time. I think it is just residual blood from last week, but it still isn't reassuring when you see anything abnormal. I didn't go in to panic mode, but the thought of losing this one never quite goes away. 

Unlike last week, I am not having any cramping and thankfully the bleeding and spotting hasn't been bright red, meaning it is old blood. This may sound like too much information, but I get asked for these specific updates on a regular basis. I am open about these happenings, because,believe it or not, many women have experienced or are experiencing these symptoms and they didn't have anyone to talk to or relate to before reading this.I think it helps me too when someone shares a similar experience, prayer, or encouraging comment. I believe all of your prayers have helped keep this baby healthy. I'll take the sickness in exchange for a healthy baby, but I wouldn't mind a prayer or two for this sickness to go away. (; Maybe these symptoms are just another sign of a little girl on her way! 



14 weeks and 2 days on 12/6/14

Yes! I did cut off over 12" this past Saturday 12/6. Here is a before and after. 

How far along? 14 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Large lemon!
Total weight gain: 5-7 pounds (depends on the time of day)

Waist Measurement: 33 inches
Maternity clothes? I still haven't busted them out yet! It'll happen soon.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Boo..hiss. Sleep still isn't wonderful.
Best moment this week: Hearing that sweet baby's heart beat in our house. It was an answered prayer. I had prepared myself to not hear anything. 
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Nothing... crazy.
Miss Anything? I just missed not vomiting all the time. I felt pretty classy throwing my guts up in Chuy's parking lot. I am positive someone thought I was having a hangover from the night before since my bump isn't prominent yet. 
Gender: Still a surprise (:
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, headaches, and fatigue. I am also hungry all the time!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: I've been anxious about the happenings of baby 2.0, but mainly I have just felt puny and tired. 
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to making a stocking for Shepherd, and while I am at it, I should make one for this baby too. Poor Shep didn't even get one his first Christmas (Sometimes I can be a slacker!)


1 comment:

Terry Peak Photography said...

Of course I am praying for all 4 of you daily and that will never stop till the day I die...but I am giving extra time to the thought that I want you happy and not sick.... Im praying that you get to enjoy this pregnancy also! I am still just on cloud 9.... Love to you all.
Pops