Sunday, January 11, 2015

2nd Pregnancy: Week 19

Last week's post was a bit dramatic having the scary experience staring up at the ceiling tiles when the nurse couldn't find the heart beat, coming back from an exhaustive day(s) of travel and working my heart out at 2 different jobs, and painfully waiting the entire week before my hubby and son got back from Colorado and Texas. I am happy to preface this post that this week has been so uplifting and, for the most part, back to normal.

Shep came back with a few tricks up his sleeve. He is fully walking now, no more crawling. He added about 4 more signs to his sign language repertoire. He eats solid foods and drinks milk and water out of various cups that are NOT bottles. But mainly he is back to sticking disgusting used q-tips in his mouth he finds on the ground from me missing the trash can as it is about 4 feet away from the sink, acting like a change of diaper is the worst thing I could possibly do to him by thrashing about and crying hysterically, throwing anything he can possibly find in the toilet, and seeing how many signs, pointing, and whimpering it will take for me to figure out, "oh, he really just wants to watch "ball" or football on TV, and how dare I take him away from watching the playoff game with his dada."

My morning sickness has come back a bit about every other day, but I actually haven't felt this little bean move once this week. I have definitely grown around the midsection though. I've decided he or she decided to take this week to do a little hibernation as it has been the coldest it has been yet this winter. I decided this week to make a plunge and get 14 newborn cloth diapers. I have a few we trialled with Shepherd, but never had enough guts to follow through whole heartedly. We have now figured out all the ins and outs to cloth diapering, so the transition with a new baby wearing cloth won't be quite a shock as it would have been with our first born. The diapers are so teeny tiny, they almost fit in the palm of my hand. I cannot handle it!! This bean is going to be stylin' in the hospital!


19 weeks and 3 days
How far along? 19 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Mango
Total weight gain: 12 lbs
Waist Measurement: 35 inches
Maternity clothes? Yes - I am still able to pull off the regular pants by slipping the pony tail holder through the button hole and attaching it to the button to give my belly a little extra wiggle room. 
Stretch marks? Not yetttt!
Sleep: Normal when I am not tossing and turning from the tiny bit of pain I've been feeling from getting my wisdom tooth pulled a couple days ago. 
Best moment this week: Having my husband and son return home!!! Oh and watching Shep on our new video monitor. I was pretty against having one......until we got one. He is HILARIOUS to watch as he basically wrestles himself to sleep.
Movement: Not at all, crazy bean.
Food cravings: Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Dont judge me. I've had one almost every single night........after dinner. 
Miss Anything? I miss being able to drink coffee in the morning and possibly a cup of sweet tea for dinner or hot tea at night. I have vowed to keep this caffeine thing to one a day, and I honestly need that extra bit of kick in the morning to make it through, so waiting until night isn't an option. 
Gender: Nobody knows, but we do have an ultrasound coming up where we could find out the gender, but we aren't going to. 
Symptoms: Morning sickness is back about every other day. 
Belly Button in or out? I still consider it "in" knowing how "out" it gets.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Pretty great. I am glad to be back to my normal schedule.