Sunday, January 18, 2015

2nd Pregnancy: Week 20

We are halfway through this pregnancy!!! This week I really started getting excited as we have come up with a baby girl's name that we're 90% positive we will use as her first name! Sorry - no clues as to what it is since we are such big fans of surprises. Ya know, not finding out the gender and not disclosing the names until the baby is born. It is just too good. My mom would call it torture. I digress. With all this excitement, I came home from work this past Wednesday and went nuts on Shepherd nursery. I decided we needed to switch Shep from his crib to a.... well, not a crib. I completely rearranged his bedroom and deep cleaned every crevice. Then I decided to take his mattress and make a floor bed, which coincides with Montessori to make everything accessible to a child. Now, as soon as he gets in his room, he grabs a book off the shelf and runs to his bed!

I will admit that the first night Shep ended up sleeping in the middle of room on the ground on top of his pillow and two favorite blankets balled up underneath him. Since then he has, for the most part, landed on his bed for bedtimes and nap times. We moved a different chair in to his room as well to still have a place for us to snuggle up and read. We will move our glider to our bedroom with our co-sleeper basinet. Josh pointed out that this is my first reaction to the nesting bug. The need to nest is real, people! I still haven't decided how we are going to cope with a new child in our small two bedroom, so any tips would help. We have considered combining the babes in the same room as soon as baby Hurst 2.0 is able to sleep through the night. Then we have gotten creative with the thought of putting up a partition in our bedroom for he or she to have their own little sleeping space. We just don't even know.. We will move in almost exactly one year from when he or she is born, so moving just doesn't seem feasible. Anyone ever live in tight quarters with little ones and have some wise words?

There are next to no updated news about this past week's pregnancy. I still yak almost every morning, and grilled pb&j's are my before-bed-snack almost every night. The bump is getting bigger as well as the number on the scale! We should be getting a call soon with our appointment time for our next ultra sound. ((((: I can't wait to see this little peanut again. He or she has been moving around like crazy since this past Thursday. I felt another quick jab when I was at dinner with a friend, and several times on Saturday and today, there have been different feelings of movement! So glad he or she decided to come out of hibernation!



How far along? 20 weeks
Baby is the length of a: Banana
Total weight gain: 14 lbs
Waist Measurement: 36 inches - given this is after dinner and my before-bed-snack
Maternity clothes? YAAAAAASSSSSS. All the time. Showin' the leggings and baggy shirts some love too. 
Stretch marks? None.
Sleep: Good when I go to bed early! That hasn't happened the past couple of nights.
Best moment this week: Just watching Shepherd grow up and organically transition in to his "new" bed. He is so adaptable. I know he will be great with his sister or brother. Although, we are still working on teaching the concept of being "gentle" to him. 
Movement: Yes, FINALLY, since Thursday!
Food cravings: Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches still. I gotta have one before bed!!!! So I wouldn't necessarily say this is a craving or just plain gross, but Josh and I went to get ice cream at Sonic to wrap up our date night. When we went to order I just blurted out, "I'd like a chili cheese coney with mustard and onions!" I looked at Josh after I gobbled down my 11pm snack and told him, "that was the best ice cream I ever had."
Miss Anything? No.... Just loving everything going on inside of me. 
Gender: We still don't know!
Symptoms: Morning sickness almost every morning, but especially at work. 
Belly Button in or out? It is at an in between stage. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: So good! My marriage has been so amazing. I definitely don't stress enough on here (or to him) how incredible my husband is to me and Shepherd. I absolutely could not do this journey on my own, and I love parenting with him along with just being his wife. God definitely blessed me with him!

No comments: