Sunday, March 15, 2015

2nd Pregnancy: Week 28

I can't help but run inside and upstairs everyday after work to change out of my gross work scrubs and in to "play" clothes and Chacos to get back outside to play with Shepherd. My neighborhood has been exploding with laughter, squeals, and song since the weather has heated up, as 85% of all the house in my complex houses children. After the snow stopped, it took almost a day and a half for the snow to completely melt away and even quicker for everyone to mingle outside letting their babies play. 

It feels like the first day of Spring, although the official date isn't for another week, the 20th. This baby will come at the end of Spring. Summer doesn't start technically until June 21st. It is bizarre to me that this season happens to align perfectly with my 3rd trimester. Now that I enter in to the last trimester I am starting that grieving process of preparing myself mentally for Shepherd, my first born, to no long be my "baby." The new seedlings starting to sprout are helpful in reminding me that new things are about to come about and letting it happen organically is the best way to transition in to them. 

I still consider Shepherd a baby at 16 months. It is hard for me to accept him being a toddler and an older sibling.  Our new baby will become the baby of the family. I am sure I will write more about this later, but for now my heart has not accepted this transition regardless of my this-is-going-to-happen knowledge. 






How far along? 28 weeks
Baby is the size of a: large eggplant
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
Waist Measurement: 38 1/4 inches
Maternity clothes?  I don't have much of an option at this point other than Josh's larger shirts and stretching the seams in my non-maternity shirts. 
Stretch marks? None. 
Sleep: Well seeing as I got 13 hours of sleep last night, I am going to say my sleep is great! I have actually been staying up late every night this past week, which doesn't bode well with this pregnant body. I put Shepherd to sleep 45 earlier than I normally would, and I crawled in my own bed around 6:50pm. I think I read 3 pages of my book before I promptly fell asleep with the lamp still on and iPad in hand. 
Best moment this week: Well it was not watching Shep fall off the end of my bed, band his head on my trunk at the foot of my bed, and flip forward completing his summersault. No... that was most definitely the worst moment of this week. The best moment this week was getting to spend time with family AND my community. The sun was out and the snow is gone so we were outside as much as possible. Plus I loved learning how to cook authentic chicken curry with several of my neighbors by a lady who knows her stuff! 
Movement: He or she is definitely making his or her presence known! Movement is regular. 
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary. 
Miss Anything? Mmmmm I miss Shep being able to recline back on to me when he sits in my lap. Now he is forced to sit straight up with his cocked backwards if he wants to look up at me. 
Gender: I am thinking the same as last week about this baby being a girl, but we shall see!
Symptoms: None unless you count looking like a whale counts as a symptom. At work this week one of my African-American coworkers shouted at me from down the hall, "daaaaang, Elise, you are thick! I'm jealous." I told her I didn't even know how to respond to that other than, "well, yes, I have gained 27 pounds in more areas than just my mid-section." Oh wait... I lied. After the book club I threw for the first time this past week, I celebrated by renting a movie at 10pm and eating half a roll of sweet tarts as fast as I could. As soon as I pulled away from the RedBox, I promptly threw up in the McDonald's parking lot 30 yards from the box. I wasn't even mad when I noticed the rainbow my throw-up took on. 
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Pretty good, but I would love for my scratchy throat to go away. I have definitely been in a better mood though since my sickness has gone away. 

No comments: