Friday, April 17, 2015

2nd Pregnancy: Week 33

As my son was sick most of this week, most if not all of my schedule entailed me caring for him this week of pregnancy. He got the stomach bug with no other symptoms than just vomiting at first for an entire day. Eventually in the days following he developed a fever and had non-stop diarrhea. He could only stay awake for 30 minutes at a time and barely had enough energy to keep his eyes open, take a few sips of liquid, and watch his favorite movie, Cars.

He would fall asleep slumped over my belly and each time I picked him up, his body would just feel lifeless and limp whether he was awake or not. After 4 full days of this sickness and starting on day 5, a doctor's visit, and some Zofran, we were about to head out to the emergency room to get little Shep some fluids. We put his shoes on and for the first time Shep stepped foot outside in 5 days. He immediately perked up and started to play with his push lawn mower. We knew he must have been on the upswing of the stomach bug with that much energy. We decided against going to the ER and just waiting a day to see how things panned out. Shep was back to himself within a day and a half with no more vomiting or diarrhea. PRAISE GOD!

That is a short little synopsis of poor Shep, but little did I know, I was going to catch that nasty bug. But that is for next week's post.





How far along? 33 weeks
Baby is the size of a: pineapple
Total weight gain: 63 still
Waist Measurement: 40 Inches. Still a'growin'
Maternity clothes?  I really am at the point where I need to stop stretching out my regular shirts and suck it up and buy a few plain maternity v-necks or something from Target, but I just keep telling myself, "it is only 7 more weeks, I can make it!" 
Stretch marks? I think there might be a little one above my belly button. Its the same color as my skin except shinier. It is only about half an inch long, but I'm pretty sure it is there.
Sleep: Sleep was really good other than the visits to the bathroom, but when I am asleep, I sleep hard. 
Best moment this week: 
Movement: Movement is CONSTANT. Although I love feeling the movement, sometimes I have Josh put his hands on my belly when I'm trying to go to sleep at night, because he some how has a calming effect on baby 2.0 and he or she always seems to nestle in Daddy's hands. 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just heartier foods. 
Miss Anything? I miss having energy. I am literally EXHAUSTED all of the time. To think about walking around the block seems like a chore, but to do an actual 30 minute to an hour workout involving weights seems impractical and impossible at this point. 
Gender: I'm still guessing girl this week.
Symptoms: None other than exhaustion and my belly itches or burns. I feel like the baby is really stretching my skin, but as soon as I put either belly butter, coconut oil, essential oils, or a mix of the 3, it usually goes away. 
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Mmmmm just kind of out of it. I am so tired I don't know how to funciton. 

No comments: