Monday, June 15, 2015

2nd Pregnancy: Week 40





How far along? 40 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Pumpkin
Total weight gain: 38 pounds
Update from the midwife: 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced as of two days before I was exactly 40 weeks. I know you may be wondering how I could go from 2cm to 1cm and 80% to 70% effaced two weeks later.. Well, dilation and effacement are subjective and Melissa checked me at 38 weeks and Kendra checked me the second time. You can imagine my reaction as I was aghast saying, "WHAT?! How could I only be one centimeter?!" When I told Kendra I was 2cm a couple weeks ago, she said, "eh well we can make it '2cm.'" It was funny, but at the same time you can imagine how disheartened I was thinking it would take a lifetime to have this baby. 
Waist Measurement: 43 inches. 
Maternity clothes? Exclusively maternity. 
Stretch marks? No new ones. 
Best moment this week: Having dinner at Dale and Louisa Ditto's house the night I turned 40 weeks was a blast. We had juicy burgers from the grill, cheesy spicy zucchini and squash casserole, sweet potato fries, and salad from our garden. We ate outside in Louisa's gorgeous garden/backyard (where the pictures are taken).
Movement: Not quite as much movement as week 39. Baby is snug as a bug. 
Food cravings: No particular cravings. 
Miss Anything? Missing just not being pregnant.
Gender: We still don't know. 
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks all the time. 
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood? Anxious.

No comments: