Friday, November 27, 2015

Judah: 4 & 5 Months

Shepherd 23 months Judah 4 months

4 months

4 months

4 months


How many months old? 5 months
Weight? 13 pounds 10 ounces
Doctor check-up? Yes - we had to go to check his ears, but he didn't have an ear infection (This was at 4 months). When the doctor told me there was nothing wrong with him I wasn't relieved. I wanted him to give me an antibiotic, a placebo pill, or even just a prescription for anything. It would have made me feel better after I woke both of my boys up from their heavy afternoon slumber, stuffed their grumpy bodies in the car, and drug them to the appointment. I did NOT want to walk out of there empty handed after being in that office for an hour and a half. And although Shep looks like an angel he acted less so for the duration of our visit. There is only so much sanity I have when holding a crying 4 month old and a screaming 23 month old. 

We went again when he was 5 months for a wellness check. He was 7% for his height and 13lb 10oz 12% for his weight.
Any teeth? no teeth
Sleep? Sleep has been so broken. When he turned 4 months he started waking every hour for almost 3 weeks. Then he finally started stretching it to every 2 hours in the night. I am SO ready for him to start sleeping longer throughout the night, but I am thankful for two things: that he nurses so that I don't have to prepare a bottle and that he will cosleep so I don't have to sit up, nurse, put him back in bed, etc...
Feeding? Right now we are exclusively breast feeding. He won't take a bottle. I am SO thankful that I am producing enough especially after struggling so much with Shepherd, but it would be nice to "top him off" with extra pumped breast milk before he goes down at night or to even go on a date! 
Eating anything? Not yet, but I'm excited to start soon! 
Developmental milestones? He has become so much more vocal. He LOVES THAT EYE CONTACT. He could be crying and I can just make eye contact and smile to get him to stop mid-cry. It is a great party trick, I tell ya.  He has hit so many milestones in the past two months. He has started laughing and cooing. He can recognize us and make eye contact from far away. He can grab toys, shake them, bring objects to the center and transfer them to the other hand. He brings everything to his mouth and chews on anything that can fit in his mouth. 
Favorite toy? Let's say his favorite object - he LOVES swaddle blankets. He likes them to cover his head when he is falling asleep and he rubs it against his face when he is asleep. He chews on it, stretches it out, and squishes it together. We will see if he starts to favor one of the blankets in particular.  
Speech and language? Laughs, coos, and started to imitate "bababa" and even wave with his hand. 
Loves? He still loves being worn with a wrap. I only wrap him on my front still, but I have figured out 3 different ways to wrap him.
Dislikes? He still does not like his carseat, but he has gotten better. He doesn't like dad to put him to sleep. Poor Josh! 


Judah at 5 months

5 months

5 months

5 months - slobber baby!

Shep always crowding Judah's space

No comments: