Tuesday, April 11, 2017

3rd Pregnancy: Week 16

This week was especially interesting. I knew I'd have a lot of births coming up, so of course, my body decides to shut down. I start to get the sinus congestion, cough, and eventually a sore throat and mucus overload. The day that I thought I was starting to recover, I was still extremely exhausted. I almost didn't make it through our Thursday night small group. In fact, I think I nodded off a few times. I went to bed right at 10:30pm, and I got a phone call at 11pm from a client saying she was at the hospital checking into a room at 6cm. 

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE BIRTH. I love witnessing everything about it but on that particular night, something beyond my own will-power must have helped pry me out of bed.
Baby was born around 1:15am, and I stayed there until 3:30am. I finally crawled into bed after a shameful Whataburger run. I slept 5.5 hours, but the next day I felt equivalent to freshly poured tar being steamrolled over and over until there is no more give in it.

I am curious to know if I would have felt exactly the same way not being pregnant and repeating that entire timeline over again. On-call life isn't always easy or glamorous. It is sometimes really inconvenient, but it is glorious nonetheless. I've done 2 more births since then, and I am waiting for 2 more mamas to call me! So here's to my continual birth-room selfies!

This is my reality. Only taking selfies at births, because that's the only time I have to take pictures of myself!

How far along? 16 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Avocado
Total weight gain: I really need to replace the batteries in my scale!

Waist Measurement: 33 inches...not sure how I got smaller other than the fact that I have been bloating to elephant-size at night. In the morning, I am tremendously smaller. 
Maternity clothes? I've been wearing a few pants, but they are actually a little big. I'm considering hot washing them to shrink them a bit, but I'm sure I would regret that in a few weeks. 
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I've actually gotten lots of sleep this week. Well, after getting only 30 minutes last Thursday due to be calling to a birth. I went to bed at 6:30pm and then 8pm the next night. Even though I've had plenty of sleep, the quality has been great. I've woken up with headaches each morning, which is no fun.
Best moment this week: Witnessing a birth! It still never gets old. Even at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Movement: I haven't felt any movement this week.
Food cravings: I still have the biggest urge to eat Thai food. I've been resisting my favorite restaurant, Thai Pepper and eating, not so healthy, 10 cents Ramen noodles with egg. Bless. But it is saving us a fortune.
Miss Anything? I am really just missing my energy level. With low energy, I haven't had much ambition to blog, take any pictures, or pursue anything beyond the bare minimum in my business.
Gender: We still don't know.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: I've still had morning sickness, but mainly the headaches have been torture. I've had a sinus cold all week, so that's not fun. There isn't much I can do to shake up the mucus and my throat doesn't seem to get any better, but I know slowly but surely I'm getting better. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?: Exhausted

No comments: